ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENLISTMENT INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE 24
Online registration starts on 26 October 2016 and closes on 23 November 2016.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 in the underlisted departments:
Applicants must possess BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences. Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
2. ACCOUNT AND BUDGET
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration or HND in Business and Accounts. Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
Applicants must possess B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
6. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Applicants must possess a BSc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in Personnel Management, Public Administration or Human Resource Management. Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields:
Membership of NIS is an added advantage. Applicants with BSc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
Applicants must possess BA Degree in Islamic Studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage. Applicants with Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Studies must have 5 years experience. Applicants must be able to read and write in English Language.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields.
Membership of NIPR will be an added advantage.
10. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Applicants must possess BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
Applicants in the medical field must possess the following qualifications:
Applicants must possess BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
Applicants must possess BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or equivalent. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
15. LEGAL SERVICES
Applicant must possess LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
3. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. All applicants must be single.
5. Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
6. Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters tall.
7. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31st December 2016 except Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years. Those over 28 and 30 years, as applicable, need not apply.
8. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
9. Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
10. Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
11. Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
SUBMISSION OF FORM
12. On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary. For technical support call 08062090473 and 08033063694 between 0800 and 1700 only.